REU Application Requirements:
- Online application form submitted by the deadline (February 13, 2019)
- Unofficial college/university transcript uploaded to application
- Personal statement essay (500 words maximum) describing:
· Your research interests and experiences
· Which REU research area interests you and why
· Expectations for the summer
· Graduate school plans, and your career plans and goals
- Two recommendation letters from professors or lab supervisors (at least one should be from a math, science or engineering professor). Two letters are required to be submitted by the deadline.
*NOTE: Before submitting your application, please click "View" to make sure all documents have uploaded correctly and are fully visible in the application.
Tip: Once in the application system, follow the dropdown menu options below to apply to the Materials Research REU program. If you have previously applied for our REU program, you will need to create a new account using a different e-mail address. If you experience difficulty accessing the application, please reach out to email@example.com.