REU Application Requirements:
- Online application form submitted by the deadline (February 15, 2017)
- Unofficial College/University Transcript uploaded to application
- Personal statement essay (500 words maximum) describing:
· Your research interests and experiences
· Which REU research area interests you and why
· Expectations for the summer
· Graduate school plans, and your career plans and goals
- Two recommendation letters from professors or lab supervisors (at least one should be from a math, science or engineering professor). Two letters are required to be submitted by the deadline.
Tip: Once in the application system, follow the dropdown menu options below to apply to the Materials Research REU program.